Many thanks to all of you who completed our Parent Survey about Open Afternoon.
We are very proud to report that every parent who attended open afternoon enjoyed the afternoon.
- 100% of parents who attended said they were made to feel very welcome.
- 100% of parents who attended the Open Afternoon said they enjoyed seeing thier child's classroom in action and seeing where thier child works.
- 100% of parents said they would look forward to another open afternoon.
We also had some lovely feedback including the following comments:
- Seeing a read write inc. session was valuable as I have taken away knowledge of the techniques used in school and implemented them at home when helping and teaching my daughter. The open afternoon was a great opportunity to see my child's work and I am very pleased I attended.
- I really appreciated the opportunity to see my child in school time, thank you. My child also felt really good about this experience.
- It was a great insight to my child's day at school. I was so proud to see him at work and interacting with the teacher and his friends. it's also great peace of mind to see his teacher doing such a great job .
- It was lovely to come in to my child's class during a lesson and take part. I think it was a great idea.
- I liked that we were introduced as part of an ongoing lesson (Mrs Painter's class), as this made the experience of my child's school day feel more realistic.
- Such dedicated and inspirational teachers and support staff in both foundation phase and KS2 as I attended lessons in both key stages. The teachers engaged and empowered the children in both classes. Lovely opportunity to promote recently refurbished areas of school and encouraged the children in being proud of their school environment as well as their work. Well done staff!
- Really lovely afternoon, the school was so bright and colourful inside. Was good to see the teachers but also see the Head and Deputy as well.
- I would like to see a literacy or numeracy lesson with my child's teacher. It may need to be an open week so children can be seen in small groups. I enjoyed coming to see my child in class and she loved me coming. A positive experience.
We only had one negative comment from a parent who said they did not know about the event. We felt disappinted about this as letters went home to every child and the events were also posted on our website. We also sent out a text to all parents who have given us an up-to-date mobile number with a link to our website. We are sorry that this parent was disappointed to have missed out.
Please ensure all your mobile telephone numbers are up to date so that we can keep you informed by text when we need to.
Thank You !