We are continuing to follow all of the advice from the Local Authority in relation to the Corona virus.
We are doing the following:
- We are aware of and following Government /LA advice and guidance. It is being discussed in briefings and staff meetings.
- We have encouraged and promoted hand washing with staff, pupils and community.
- Children and visitors are encouraged to wash hands on entry to school, at playtime and lunchtimes and washing facilities freely available and encouraged throughout the day.
- We have ensured we have a good stock of soap and washing products.
- We are checking parents / children's holiday destinations.
- We are monitoring illness and absence of both pupils and staff.
- Catch it, Bin it, Kill it actively encouraged and signs up around school. Tissues available throughout school.
- Caerphilly Cleaning undertaking new cleaning protocol.
Can we ask you to continue to support us by ensuring children wash their hands before coming to school and when they arrive home and that they all have their own drinking bottles in school. It might also be useful to give them some extra tissues to bring in.
At the moment children should only be at home if they have a fever or a new and continuous cough. If you are in any doubt please follow the advice on the NHS website.
If you have any questions please get in touch with us.